At the June 2016 BMCA general meeting the association charged the BMCA president with establishing a committee to determine the will of the association on Wilson Blvd. Our timing is perfect because the county is preparing to perform some additional adjustments to Wilson in the spring.
The Wilson Committee page on the BMCA site has information about the proposed process for establishing the will including an aggressive timeline, a draft set of priorities based on comments made by association members, and links to information from the county.
At Monday’s general meeting we will be:
- Seeking approval for the proposed process
- Reviewing and discussing the draft, unweighted, priorities
- A meeting on Nov 2 to further discuss the priorities
- Nov 7-13 online voting to weight the priorities
- Submission of the priorities to the county
- December meeting to review the concept plan. The plan should be responsive to the BMCA priorities as well as other factors such as the transportation master plan, Bluemont NCP, etc.
An open, courteous conversation about this topic is part of the Arlington Way. You can either reply to the listserv with your thoughts or send them to me directly.
As a final reminder, the weighting of the priorities will be done via an online voting process. The key discussion right now is about the process itself and if the draft, unweighted priorities are the right list to put forward for a weighting vote.